Department of Cognitive Science
Professor Liqun Gao
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Homepage : http://www.blcu.edu.cn/blcuweb/english/index-en.asp
The Center For Studies of Chinese as a Second Language
Beijing Language and Culture University
No.15, XueYuan Road
Visits to MACCS
- 2nd of November 2009 - 31st of January 2010
- 7th of May 2011 - 9th of May 2011
- 12th of November 2012 - 14th of December 2012
- Australia-China Science and Research Fund (9201200088) (2012) Developing strategic links between Macquarie University, Beijing Language and Culture University and project partners on language acquisition and childhood language disorders. Crain, S., Gao, L., Cutler, A., Coltheart, M., Yu, W., Bi, H., Ma, Y., Wang, M., Wang, F., Johnson, B., Thornton, R., & Zhou, P. ($13,455)
- ARC Discovery Project Grant [DP1096160] (2010 - 2014) "The emergence of logic in child language." Crain, S., Johnson, B., Khlentzos, D., Tseng, O., Lee, T.H-T., & Gao, L-Q. ($601,000)
- National Philosophy and Social Science Foundation Grant of China (2010) "Semantic acquisition in Chinese and English: A Crosslinguistic comparison of children's understanding of logical words." Gao, L., Lee, T.H-T., Crain, S., & Thornton, R.
- National Social Science Foundation Grant of China (2009 - 2011) Semantic acquisition in Chinese and English: A Cross-linguistic comparison of children's understanding of logical words. Gao, L.Q., Crain, S., Thornton, R., Lee, T. H.-T., Huang, Y. Y., Yang, S. Y., & Zhou, P. ($13,000)
- Zhou, P., Su, Y., Crain, S., Gao, L.Q., & Zhan, L.K. (2012). Children's use of phonological information in ambiguity resolution: A view from Mandarin Chinese. Journal of Child Language, 39, 687-730. doi:10.1017/S0305000911000249
- Zhou, P., & Gao, L.Q. (2009). Scope processing in Chinese. Journal of Psycholinguistic Research, 38, 11-24. doi:10.1007/s10936-008-9079-x
Conference Presentations, Colloquia, and other presentations
- Zhou, P., Crain, S., Gao, L.Q., & Zhan, L.K. (2010, September). The role of prosody in children's focus identification. Paper presented at the Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition - North America 4 (GALANA-4), Toronto, Canada.
- Zhou, P., Su, Y., Crain, S., Gao, L.Q., & Zhan, L.K. (2010, August). Children's use of prosodic information in ambiguity resolution. Paper presented at the 8th Conference of Generative Linguistics in the Old World Asia (GLOW-in-Asia 8), Beijing, China.
- Zhou, P., Su, Y., Crain, S., Gao, L.Q., & Zhan, L.K. (2010, April). The role of prosody in children's ambiguity resolution: A view from Mandarin Chinese. Paper presented at the 1st International Conference on Chinese Acquisition and Cognition, Beijing, China.
- Zhou, P. & Gao, L.Q. (2007, December). L1 Processing of Relative Scope in Chinese. Paper presented at the 12th International Conference on the Processing of East Asia Related Languages (PEARL), Tainan, Taiwan.
- Tuesday 21st May,
Dr Fiona Maccullum,
"Autobiographical memory, self-identity and emotion regulation in prolo..."
- Friday 24th May,
Prof. Damian Farrow ,
"ANTICIPATORY EXPERTISE IN SPORT: PROGRESS & CHALLENGES IN UNDERSTANDIN..."
- Friday 24th May,
"The Relationship Between Prenatal Testosterone and Language Developmen..."
- Friday 31st May,
Prof Colin Clifford,
"Towards a functional architecture for gaze perception"
- Wednesday 5th Jun,
"Macquarie University MATLAB Day"
- Regina Fabry
- Associate Professor Drew Khlentzos
- Professor Ravi Krishnan
- Leonie Geigis
- Associate Professor Caroline Jones
- Dr Tommy Ng
- Dr Dorothea Debus
- Dr Dennis Norris
- Associate Professor Lisa Libby
- Akio Inada
- Jun-Ichi Fujihira
- Motoyoshi Sato
- Kazunori Watanabe
- Akira Uchida
- Noriyuki Muramatsu
- Midori Fujihira
- Professor Mary O'Kane
- Dr Tony Penna
- Professor Ken Forster
- [Previous Visitors]