Department of Cognitive Science
Usha Sivaranjani Sista
Office : C5C 472
email : email@example.com
I hold a master's degree in Molecular Biotechnology from the University of Sydney, MA in English from the University of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad, India, a postgraduate diploma in Management Information Systems and Computer Applications as well as an advanced diploma in Spanish. I worked as an Instructional Designer in Deloitte, Hyderabad, India and then as a freelance writer until I joined MACCS. I am undertaking a PhD with Assoc. Prof. Mark Williams as my supervisor and Dr. Jason Friedman as my co-supervisor. My primary interest lies in the workings of the action observation network in the human brain.
The involvement of mirror systems in mimicking learning.
- Scholarship : iMQRES
- Workload : full time
- Supervisors : Associate Professor Mark Williams and Dr Jason Friedman
Conference Presentations, Colloquia, and other presentations
- Sista, U., Friedman, J., & Williams, M. (2011, December). Movement interference in imitative rhythmic arm movements. Colloquium at the 21st Meeting of the Australasian Society of Psychophysiology, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- Sista, U., Friedman, J., & Williams, M. (2011, April). Movement interference in rhythmic arm movements. Colloquium at the 38th Australasian Experimental Psychology Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Sista, U.S. Friedman, J. & Williams, M. (2010, April). Interference effect in rhythmic arm movements. Paper presented at the 38th Australasian Experimental Psychology Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Tuesday 21st May,
Dr Fiona Maccullum,
"Autobiographical memory, self-identity and emotion regulation in prolo..."
- Friday 24th May,
Prof. Damian Farrow ,
"ANTICIPATORY EXPERTISE IN SPORT: PROGRESS & CHALLENGES IN UNDERSTANDIN..."
- Friday 24th May,
"The Relationship Between Prenatal Testosterone and Language Developmen..."
- Friday 31st May,
Prof Colin Clifford,
"Towards a functional architecture for gaze perception"
- Wednesday 5th Jun,
"Macquarie University MATLAB Day"
- Regina Fabry
- Associate Professor Drew Khlentzos
- Leonie Geigis
- Professor Ravi Krishnan
- Associate Professor Caroline Jones
- Dr Tommy Ng
- Dr Dorothea Debus
- Dr Dennis Norris
- Associate Professor Lisa Libby
- Akio Inada
- Jun-Ichi Fujihira
- Motoyoshi Sato
- Kazunori Watanabe
- Akira Uchida
- Noriyuki Muramatsu
- Midori Fujihira
- Professor Mary O'Kane
- Dr Tony Penna
- Professor Ken Forster
- [Previous Visitors]